Saturday, January 30, 2016

Happy Birthday to Ewe

Hi everyone! I'm excited to share some great news... I've joined the Crafty Friends Challenge Blog design team! Woo-hoo! This is my first Crafty Friends DT inspiration project and it's for Challenge #24 - Animals/Birds. We're being sponsored this time by Pickled Potpourri and Inky Impressions! Come play with us - we want to see your project with animals and/or birds!

I dug into my personal Inky Impressions stash and chose the adorable Party Sheep digi to create a fun shaker birthday card. I'm a former Inkette so I have quite a few of their adorable rubber stamps and digis. I did a little zig-zag sewing on the front panels of some pretty coordinating papers and created a scalloped frame to go around the shaker opening. And you know I love my bows! ;)


I really LOVE shakers. I have to confess that there are toooooo many sequins and glitter in this one, even after removing some of it... I thought I removed too much so I put more than I should have back in, lol! :D


Here's an angled view of the front. I like putting a different spin on shakers with the shaker bits encased in the front flap and the image on the inside of the card. I'm still really loving my fuse tool! ;)


And here's a clear shot of that adorable image and stamped sentiment on the inside of the card.


Very happy to enter this birthday card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury White cardstock, Stampin' Up! Lost Lagoon cardstock (#133679), Stampin' Up! All Abloom DSP (#133703), DCWV Teal Foiled cardstock
  • Stamps: YNS Birdie on a wire (inside sentiment)
  • Ink: Memento Teal Zeal ink, Spectrum Noir- IG1, IG2, IG4, IG6, TB5, BT6, BT8, PP1, PP6, LG4, DR5
  • Dies/Punches: SB Classic Circles and Scalloped Circles dies
  • Accessories: Janome 124 Sew Mini, WRMK Fuse Tool and Pouch, Doodlebug Design sequins, Stampin' Up! Frosted Sequins (#135835), Stampin' up! In Color Sequin Assortment (#133631), MS Iridescent Hearts & Stars Glitter, 3GJ London Blue ribbon, Stampin' Up! Sweet Dreams designer button, white flat-back pearls, Darice foam

I hope you've found some inspiration to play in our animals/birds challenge this time! And be sure to take a peek at all the fun goodies Pickled Potpourri and Inky Impressions has to offer! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

20 comments:

  1. Congratulations on another DT!!! How many does that make? lol.
    Love this little shaker card with the see through panel for the image. Fun and fabulous!!! Congrats again :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Wow...another DT! You are a busy lady. Congrats! I love the sequins in the shaker and the stitching is wonderful. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your DT spot!
    What a FABulous shaker card..LOving your colours and design..
    'Ewe' gotta admit it's one sweet image.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Leslie... thanks for making a gorgeous card for the challenge at Crafty Friends... Welcome to the Team.
    Hugs Diane Louise (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool card! I love how you made this shaker....I'll have to try this technique some time. Loving that yummy bow too. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a happy lamb in your shaker card. Thank you so very much for posting your very creative and inspiring art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 218th - FF AG challenge. I pray Blessings for you and your family; stay creative and be happy. Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card, love the design and colours.. thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Crafty Addicts!
    Hugs Donna DT xx
    Kraftyscot Handmade Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute shaker card! Congratulations to ewe on the new DT! Thanks for joining our ATG challenge at Crafty Sentiments Designs. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightful card, I love your color pallette! Thank you for joining in our anything goes challenge!
    Ginny M
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your 2nd card is a beauty too!!
    Lia, DT S4F

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card design love the bow .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥
    Aud Sentiments
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card! I love your color choices and fun layout. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments for our “Anything Goes” Challenge; I hope to see your work in our future challenges too!
    Jennifer, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such gorgeous ribbon! Love the shaker element. So perfect for that image.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those colours. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge. Mary DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yup, you're on my numbers...
    This is a cute shaker card. Still loving the design of this.
    Great to see you at Scrapping4fun :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card and congratulations on your new DT spot too!

    Thanks for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this card! Great debut to your new DT. I really like the shaker being separate from the image - and that image is just too cute. Thank you for joining us this time at Crafty Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. very nice. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage. Good luck.
    Bye,
    Groetjes van Ine (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Me again!

    Thanks for joining us at the Creative Craft Cottage too.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute!

    Thank you for participating in the OSAAT "Anything Goes with Tic Tac Toe" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D