** 8/15/15 Top 5 at House of Cards! **
Hello, all my crafty friends! I've some great news to share today... I've been invited to guest design with Crafting by Designs for the month of August! Woot-woot! How cool is that?! Come play with us in our August Anything Goes challenge!
As you have undoubtedly seen in many blog posts over the last couple months, I'm a fancy fold fiend. ;) I made my first-ever teepee card for this challenge and I absolutely loved creating it! I've seen quite a few of them around blogland over the years and always thought they looked complicated. Well, NOT - they are super easy and sure pack a powerful punch!
I used three coordinating papers and a stamp duo from Gina K Designs. I colored the image with Spectrum Noir, cut out with a stitched circle die and layered on a slightly larger stitched circle die. I added a few tiny gemstones for a little interest. Love the sentiment - "Like a fine wine, our friendship gets better with age."
I outlined the entire image with a clear Wink of Stella pen which really makes it sparkle.
Here's the second side - more gorgeous paper and flat-back pearls.
And finally, here is a view of the third side. I just love these papers!
This teepee card unsnaps (I used a thin magnet closure) and folds flat for mailing. Love, love, love!
I'd love to enter my teepee card into the following challenges:
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards: #22 - July Challenge
- Fan-Tastic Tuesday: #96 - Anything Goes with a Twist ... Make it Feminine
- House of Cards: July Food and/or Color Inspiration
- Creative Craft Cottage: #44 - Anything Goes
- Crafty Gals Corner: #30 - Anything Goes
- Sister Act Card Challenge: #116 - Anything Goes
- 613 Avenue Create: #134 - Anything Goes w/optional Shabby Chic
- Craft Your Passion Challenges: #272 - Always Anything Goes
- Crafty Time: July Challenge - Punches or Dies
- Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury White, Powder Blue and Navy; Stampin' Up! Mossy Meadow (#133676); GKD Floral Essentials 6x6 paper pack
- Stamps: GKD Better With Age stamp duo
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Spectrum Noir- DG2, DG3, TB2, TB4
- Dies/Punches: Memory Box Stitched Circles dies
- Accessories: Wink of Stella clear pen, blue gemstones, white flat-back pearls, 1/2" magnet
I hope you've found some inspiration to play in our August Anything Goes challenge! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)