** 10/31/14 Featured Creation at Scrapping4fun Challenges! **
Hi everyone! It's already the end of October and I'm excited that the weather here in north Florida has finally begun to cool off a little and Thanksgiving is fast approaching... my favorite holiday! We have another fun challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers and more, and I'm happy to share my DT inspiration project for CCM #126 - Cut It Out, hosted by yours truly! We're being sponsored this time by the wonderful Hobby Art Stamps and Di's Digi Stamps! Come play with us! I challenge you to create a project using die cuts and/or punches, and the die cuts can be of the manual or electronic variety! I've used one of each on my project!
I'm known for my shoe fetish... what can I say?! My sister, who also has a shoe fetish (I guess it runs in the family) is always on the look-out for shoe dies, stamps, you name it... if it's a shoe, she wants it. She found the cutest high heel shoe cut file (a freebie!) from SVG Cuts and sent the link to me with a request to cut some with my Silhouette. So I set aside an afternoon a couple weeks ago while I was on vacation and cut a bunch of them for us, using scraps from my scrap bin. It is truly an awesome feeling using up scraps, no matter how few, from that seemingly ever-growing mound of color. :)
One of the high heels I cut was a sparkly teal and floral that I thought would look great showcased on layered hexagon die cuts for this challenge. I dug into my paper stash and found some pretty patterned teal paper and a larger piece of the floral paper (matching the shoe) to use for the background and matted all the elements on turquoise cardstock. I stamped a vertical sentiment in teal ink and added some turquoise gemstones and a metal filigree corner embellishment.
I added some polka dot ribbon with a double-loop bow, along with some flat-back pearls.
The inside sentiments are from two different stamp sets, stamped in the teal and morocco ink to compliment the floral paper on the front.
Proud to enter my card into the following challenges:
- Scrapping4fun Challenges: #28 - Anything Goes
- The Paper Girls Challenge: #66 - Anything Goes
- My Craft Creations: New Challenge - 10/27-11/8/14
- Sister Act Card Challenge: #80 - Anything Goes
- DL.Art: October Linky Challenge
- Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper October Challenge
- The Pink Elephant: TPE#274 - Anything Goes
- GKD Pure Luxury White and Turquoise Sea cardstock
- My Mind's Eye Notable 6x6 paper pad; Colorbok Glacier Springs Glitter paper
- GKD Vertical Greetings 2 stamp set
- High heel shoe cut file from SVG Cuts
- Spellbinders Hexagon dies
- Lil' Inker Designs Snarky Sentiments stamp set
- Paper Smooches Simply Said stamp set
- Memento Teal Zeal ink
- Memento Morocco ink
- Flonzcraft metal corner embellishment
- Studios Blackbird polka dot ribbon
- Turquoise gemstones and white flat back pearls
I do hope you've found some inspiration to play in our Cut It Out challenge this time using die cuts and/or punches! Be sure to check out all the goodies available at Hobby Art Stamps and Di's Digi Stamps! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)