** 2/3/14 Top 5 at Crafty Cardmakers! **
Hi everyone! It's been another busy weekend that's going by way too fast! I was able to play in the scrap room a little this weekend and created a couple CAS cards. My Journey of the Heart StampTV kit, along with a few other stamp sets, arrived in the mail on Thursday and I just had to get my fingers a little inky! ;)
I'm sure most people will agree that sympathy cards aren't on the top of a crafter's list of cards to make, but life being what it is, we have the need for them from time to time. I created a beautiful black and white CAS sympathy card with my new stamps and ribbon. Black stamping on white cardstock matted on black with some gorgeous black and white gingham ribbon. Sometimes less is more. The flower stamp is from the GKD Love and Prayers stamp set and the front and inside sentiments are from the GKD Sympathy Duo stamp set. Of course, I had to use my new Bow It All bow maker for the double loop bow! I'm so infatuated with that new toy and don't know how I've crafted so long without it! LOL!
I think this inside sentiment is just beautiful!
I'm entering this sympathy card into the following challenges:
- StampTV Mix It Up Monday Challenge: STV14MON3 Keep It CAS!
- Crafty Cardmakers and More: #108 - Black and White
- Incy Wincy: Flower Frenzy
- Inky Chicks: #21 - Bingo (pearls / ribbon / flowers)
- Party Time Tuesdays: PTT #156 - Use Ribbon
- Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog: #98 - Use Any Sentiment
- Divas By Design: Anything Goes
- Fab 'n' Funky Challenges: #200 - All About the Words
- Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge: PWC #294 - Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday: #116 - Anything Goes
- GKD Pure Luxury white and black cardstock
- GKD Love and Prayers stamp set
- GKD Sympathy Duo stamp set
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- GKD black and white gingham ribbon
- White flat-back pearls
Hope you all are keeping warm wherever you are! Stay tuned for another CAS card I created this weekend - it's sure to bring some Springtime into your mind at least! ;) Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!